Planning For Children? Time To Think About Estate Planning!
The Quinn Law Firm has served families in Erie and across northwest Pennsylvania for more than 100 years. One of the ways we help families achieve peace of mind for the present and future is through comprehensive estate planning.
Our lawyers and legal support team can walk you through the creation of an estate plan from start to finish, including financial planning and ensuring your children receive the care they need.
Why You Need To Start Estate Planning Now
Many people put off estate planning because they don’t think they need to worry about it yet. However, having children is the perfect time to start thinking about it. These are just a few of the important questions you’ll need to have answers to:
- Whom do you want to serve as guardian to your children should something happen to you and your spouse?
- If something happens to you while your children are still minors, do you want them to receive their inheritance immediately? Should they wait until they’re 18? Or do you want to put other conditions on receiving it, such as graduating college?
- Do you want to leave control of your business to your children or one child in particular?
- Do you want your home to stay in the family? Whom do you want to give control of it to?
- If you have a special needs child who will need care into adulthood, how will you make sure his or her needs are paid for?
- Do you want to limit your children’s potential exposure to any estate taxes?
As a full-service law firm, your Quinn Law Firm estate planning attorney can work with others at our firm, such as those who focus on tax law, business law or real estate law, to address every detail of your plan.
Additionally, you can always update your plans should circumstances change. We can review and update your estate plan accordingly to reflect any changes in your wishes.
Get Started At A Free Consultation
If you are ready to sit down with one of our estate planning attorneys and start creating a plan that protects your wishes and your children’s futures, schedule a consultation today. You can contact the Quinn Law Firm via email or by calling our office in Erie at 814-806-2518.