When you hire a divorce lawyer, it is important to spend time discussing whether the attorney is prepared to advocate on your behalf according to your needs. Perhaps you and your spouse agreed on how to handle the distribution of assets and debts, child custody and child support. In this case, you want an assurance that your attorney will work to expedite the plan that you have in mind rather than adding fuel to the fire.
At the Quinn Law Firm of Erie, Pennsylvania, our attorneys will work with you to put you in the best position to achieve your goals. When there is significant disagreement, we will be ready to put our litigation skills to use. We also recognize when mediation or a collaborative divorce may be the best path forward.
We Can Address Every Detail
Whether contested or uncontested, friendly or adversarial, your divorce is a serious legal process that you must take on with the full understanding of your rights and liabilities. The emotional and logistical aspects of divorce are no doubt difficult enough. We can help with all aspects of your divorce, including the following:
- Determination of what is marital property and what is premarital or nonmarital property (Note: An increase in the value of premarital or nonmarital property may be considered a marital asset)
- Equitable distribution of marital property
- Retirement accounts and QDROs (qualified domestic relation orders)
- No-fault divorce and its ramifications
- Child custody and visitation, with the goal of the preservation of parent-child relationships
- Child support obligations
- Related issues, including guardianships (an orphans court action)
- Spousal support (spousal maintenance, alimony — temporary, rehabilitative or permanent), health insurance and other forms of spousal support for career homemakers
We recognize that there is no such thing as a cookie cutter divorce. We take the time to understand your situation and bring in attorneys from other areas of the firm as necessary to put you in the best position to get through this divorce with an eye toward a more peaceful future.
Schedule A Consultation Today
To learn more about one of northwest Pennsylvania’s oldest and largest law firms and how our team can help you, send us an email or call our office in Erie at 814-806-2518 to schedule an initial consultation.