A Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be the right solution for you, or you and your spouse, if you are a wage earner with income over a certain level or have missed mortgage payments, and want to keep your house and car in a bankruptcy.
At the Quinn Law Firm of Erie, Pennsylvania, we can help you determine what chapter of the bankruptcy code works best for you to secure the debt relief you need and get out from under your creditors’ threats of repossession.
How Does A Chapter 13 Filing Work?
A Chapter 13 bankruptcy reorganizes your debts into a single, affordable monthly payment that you make over a period of three to five years. At the end of that time, you will emerge debt free.
Much like a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing, a Chapter 13 filing puts a stop to creditor harassment, wage garnishment and repossessions. Except in this case, you are under the court’s protection for years. This can help you get out from under the crushing weight of debts caused by:
- Overextended consumer credit (credit cards, auto purchase or other signature loans)
- Catastrophic injuries
- Medical expenses that are not covered by insurance
- Job loss (layoffs, downsizing or firing) or salary reduction
- Mortgage loan issues (such as adjustable rate mortgages — ARM — with inflated payments due)
- Natural or man-made disasters (such as tornadoes, floods, earthquakes and fires)
- Other unexpected twists and turns of life, such as military service overseas and its accompanying financial complications
Stop Foreclosure. Stop the Sheriff’s Sale Of Your House. Prevent The Repossession Of Your Car.
Our attorneys have helped many clients before you keep their homes through Chapter 13 bankruptcy. While you cannot get rid of back mortgage payments in a Chapter 13, your filing will give you time to catch up on those payments without the constant threat of foreclosure hanging over your head. The same is true for late car payments.
Debt Relief Solutions Are A Phone Call Away
Learn about the process of Chapter 13 bankruptcy, an interest-free debt repayment plan that will give you the opportunity to get your head back above water. Our lawyers are ready to stand by you throughout the process, from start to finish. Schedule your free consultation today by contacting the Quinn Law Firm online or by calling 814-806-2518.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.