Regaining Financial Stability Through The Bankruptcy Process
Debt struggles can build up over time, or they can come out of nowhere due to an unforeseen emergency. No matter what the reason is, bankruptcy can provide a way back to financial security and stability.
Our lawyers at the Quinn Law Firm of Erie help individuals, families and business owners throughout northwest Pennsylvania navigate the complex bankruptcy process. We offer a free consultation to help evaluate your situation and determine which chapter of bankruptcy protection provides the right debt relief solutions for you:
- Chapter 7: This “liquidation bankruptcy” is designed to give a debtor a fresh start, often in less than a year. This may be for you if you are struggling to pay off credit cards, medical bills or signature loans.
- Chapter 13: This “reorganization bankruptcy” allows those who have sufficient income to restructure their debts into an affordable, monthly payment. If you are under threat of foreclosure, this may be the right path for you.
- Chapter 11: This is a more complex form of bankruptcy, often used by business owners who need to reorganize their debts in order to stay open.
Bankruptcy Is A Solution, Not A Failure
Many myths continue to persist about the bankruptcy process. Those myths, coupled with embarrassment that many people feel about admitting to having debt struggles, lead many people to avoid bankruptcy, which only makes their situation worse.
In fact, through the bankruptcy process you could:
- Keep your house and car
- Use exemptions in the bankruptcy code to keep most of your important assets
- Stop a sheriff’s sale of your home and put a stop to all foreclosure actions
- Stop creditors from harassing you and attempting to garnish your wages and bank account
- Wipe out unsecured debts such as credit card bills and medical bills
- Restore your credit rating over time
Learn About Your Options At A Free Consultation
At your free initial consultation, our attorneys will review your financial circumstances and answer any questions you may have about the process. We understand the financial troubles that have brought you to this point, and we will work with you to find the right solution. We handle most bankruptcy cases on a flat-fee basis. Contact us online or call 814-806-2518 to get started.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.