Attorney Snavely’s practice includes the representation of hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, and other healthcare providers in medical negligence and civil rights lawsuits, licensure proceedings, patient billing audits, and other actions in state and federal court and in proceedings before governmental agencies.
Attorney Snavely represents and provides advice to hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, physician practices, and emergency service providers in matters that include employment agreements, buy-sell agreements, contract disputes, leases, provider agreements, management agreements, patient billing practices, fraud and abuse, credentialing, peer review, insurance coverage, medical ethics, advance directives, institutional review board oversight of clinical trials, real estate tax exemption, medical records, patient privacy, risk management, quality assurance, controlled substances, and compliance with federal and state nonprofit law and local ordinances.
Attorney Snavely also represents defendants and plaintiffs in personal injury, property damage, construction, and insurance coverage issues and actions.
Another part of Attorney Snavely’s practice is to conduct seminars for healthcare facilities and physicians on various matters that include advance directives, real estate tax exemption, management of allied health providers, controlled substances, risk management, and compliance with federal and state nonprofit law.
Attorney Snavely is admitted to all Pennsylvania courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Negligence Defense
- Healthcare Law
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Honors: Dean's List- 5 out of 6 semesters
- University of Pittsburgh, Johnstown
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Member of Tort and Insurance Practice Section and Health Law Section)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Erie County Coalition of Physicians and Attorneys
- American Inns of Court (1992 - 2015)
Sarah A. Reed Retirement Center
President of Board of Directors: 2009 – 2014
Member of Board of Directors: 2007 – Present
Erie Home for Children and Adults
Member of Board of Directors and Treasurer: 2004 – 2008