John Fessler has been a civil litigator for more than 25 years. His practice is concentrated primarily in the areas of insurance defense, commercial litigation and personal injury. John has represented insurance carriers in a variety of cases over the years, including those involving automobile policies, commercial general liability policies and homeowner policies.
Attorney Fessler also has an extensive real estate practice, providing counsel to buyers, sellers and lending institutions, as well as regularly participating in Sheriff Sales.
He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Fessler was awarded the 2007 President's Award from the Erie County Bar Association. He currently serves on the Cathedral Prep Athletic Board. He recently resigned from his position on the Bayfront Condominium Association Board which he held for more than 15 years. He formerly was a member of the Erie County Bar Association Civil Rules Committee and chairman of the Membership Committee. Attorney Fessler completed a six-year term on the Cathedral Prep Advisory Board and was a member of the American Inns of Court.
In addition to serving his clients, John has volunteered his time to coach the community's youth. He coached parochial grade school teams in swimming and basketball as well as baseball teams in the Millcreek Youth Athletic Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Employment Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Pennsylvania, 1985
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1987
University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
University of Notre Dame
Honors and Awards
- President's Award, Erie County Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Erie County Bar Association, Civil Rules Committee, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Membership Committee, Chairman
- American Inns of Court, Former Member
- Bayfront Condominium Association Board, Former Member
Past Employment Positions
- Bayfront Condominium Association Board
- Cathedral Prep Advisory Board, Former Member
- Millcreek Youth Athletic Association, Baseball teams Coach